The Chronicles Of Rach Bid

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let's Spit Poop.

Bio Safari 1:
On Thursday, we had our first biology safari! Well, it wasn't really a safari... more like hanging out in one of the prettiest places I have EVER been to. (Sorry that there's so many landscape type pictures, this place was just way to great to not put them in.  But I promise that doesn't mean I dont have friends.)  
Look how freaking sicky this place was.

And this is where I had the best picnic of my life.





If you were wondering what "Let's Spit Poop." means, then you are in luck because I'm about to give you an explanation.  So our biology prof, Karen (you can see like half of her in her kick-a safari attire below), has a very dry sense of humor and we can never really tell if she was joking or serious.  But while we were here she asked us if we wanted to play a traditional South African game and obviously we all said yes.  So she told us to go find the driest little pellet of poop we could and then stand in a line.  And if you haven't figured it out yet, we then were told to put the poop in our mouths and see who could spit the furthest.  Yes mom, I spit poop from my mouth.  And lost.   Oh and we ate dried worms two nights before this. [And for all of you on facebook, I'm tagged in a lovely video that shows the whole deal and im second from last.]

The lovely Kim Dotts with a smile on her back.

After exploring this place and eating some lunch, we were given our own spot to have a quiet time.
This was the view from my own little spot.


I can already tell this is going to be a great start to the upcoming weeks of Thursday safaris.  I also love how Karen always tells us so nonchalantly to go climb a tree or find a piece of grass to rest on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment