The Chronicles Of Rach Bid

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Few Things.

hello friends.
It's been awhile since I have posted anything and Im gonna go ahead and blame that on my lack of free time and not that I havent done anything blog-worthy lately.

A few fun things have happened these past couple days.  Ill post pictures soon-ish but dont hold your breath.
On Saturday we went to Durban for the day.
We started out at uShaka, which is like marine world with water slides and whatnot.  And this place was right on the beach so after we exhausted all the good slides we hit the beach up for the afternoon.  The water was warm and the waves were strong and I left with that infamous beach feel.
We then headed over to a professional rugby game where I think every girl fell in love with the sport of rugby.

We also picked our service sites this week.  I chose Project Gateway for a few different reasons.  One of the main reasons was to be in a smaller group setting- there is only going to be four of us there and I couldn't be happier about that, being around such a large group of people all the time has its ups and downs.  This one has a more business oriented feel to it because we will be helping people market themselves; basically after they learn some type of craft skill we're supposed to help them go out and be able to make a living off of it.  Honestly I'm not really sure what this place is going to be like but it felt the most right for me and I'm sure good things are in store.
Oh, also, it's at an old prison... which is kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment