The Chronicles Of Rach Bid

Friday, February 11, 2011

Bio Safari Take Two.

WE SAW GIRAFFES!!!!
Oh my word they were so insanely cool and beautiful in real life.  On Thursday we had our second Biology safari / field trip / excursion.  We went to five different river sights to view the polluted water and calculate some things and then we studied regular savannah land vs. savannah that had been burned recently.  But that's not really important.  What's important is that WE SAW GIRAFFES!!! And we got pretty darn close to them too!

Just as a little disclaimer: I understand that I put a ridiculous amount of giraffe pictures up here but I seriously could not leave any of them out.  I just had to share everything :) So sorry if you get bored!

For starters, this is one of the coolest buildings I have ever seen and would LOVE if my future home looked like this..
These little hanging guys are bird nests.  And these birds have a fun little story.  The males will work super hard to build one of these beautiful little nests to woo the female.  And if the female likes the nest then she will accept him.  But if she does not like the nest then she will snip the top of it with her beak causing it to fall to it's destruction.  Apparently birds play hard to get too.
And now for the good stuff...
Oh, there were zebra there also.  
In Africa it's pronounced zeh-bra.
Aren't they just so precious and cuddly?!
Look at the little baby!!!
My lovely friend Lindsay..
Kim Dotts and a giraffe outta my head!
Giraffe outta Destiny's head!
And the beautiful savannah that our afternoon concluded in..
This counts as a lab?  BEST BIOLOGY CLASS EVER.

Deciding to come to South Africa this semester has honestly been one of the best decisions of my life.  I am seeing and experiencing so many things that most people only read about and see pictures of.  I do miss all you people in the states but I would not give this up for a second.

In other news, this week slapped me with schoolwork.  In one of my classes we had to write an exegetical paper (a fancy word for a long Bible paper) and I wrote it on the passage Matthew 7:24-29 and you should probably look it up and read it because I've spent countless hours researching and pondering it and have become quite fond of it as of late.

So long friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment