The Chronicles Of Rach Bid

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Joburg & Summer Camp

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED.
My mind is processing everything in slow motion and is kind of all over the place so I'll do my best to give a brief summary of the happenings so far.
Johannesburg: 
On Friday we spent the day traveling through Joburg and had a hilarious tour guide and a great day all together. 


First things first: gotta take a bus picture.  
 And theirs was just so happy I had to include it also!
 Nelson Mandela saying hello.  This was painted on a super sweet building.

 Yes, he's playing out of his nose.
 Driving through Soweto.
 Me and Reagen, one of the life coordinators on campus; we matched! (Ignore the awkward hands.)

 I'm not really a kids person but... LITTLE KIDS HERE ARE THE CUTEST.
 Uhhh...
 This might be the most disappointing picture I've ever taken.  If you ignore the fact that I'm in the bus and the boys head in front of me, behind all that lies the ticket booth and the stadium for the World Cup. If only I was here 8 months ago... It was SOOOO sweet and huge.
 Pietermartizburg:
After traveling around Johannesburg for a bit, we hopped on another plane to Durban where we had a beautiful drive to Pietermaritzburg.  This is where the campus is and where we'll be staying for the next ten weeks. It seriously feels so good to be in our own place finally.

Our backyard is a waterfall.
This is the main building with the dining hall, lounge, library, and classrooms.

 My chalet! I live in the bottom floor of this one to be exact.
My wonderful, hilarious, goofy, weirdo new roomie Shelli.  (It's really fun if you say Shelli in the chalet.)

The chalet again because it's just so cute. And it's in the jungle.

These next two pictures were what was waiting for us when we piled off the bus from the airport.  Probably the best hello and welcome I've ever received.

The campus is wonderful and so stinkin pretty.  These pictures DO NOT do it justice.  I wish I could telepathically send you the things I see.  I feel like it's a grown up summer camp in the best way possible.  

1 comment:

  1. im so proud of you!!!! love you so much beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete